Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Day 3.5....at least

I am beginning to forget what it is like to work. I haven't been at my desk since Monday and last week I took off early 3 days to deal with house issues. We are currently at a level 2 which means I do not go in until 12...unless we are still at a level 2 at 10:30 and then I get the remainder of the day off! :) There is hope for that....

We started out Tuesday on our way to drop Brennen off at Gramma and Pap's.....the roads were HORRIBLE!!! We were sliding all over and saw people going off the roads in the 5 mile drive. We decided it was too bad to try and make it to town....We ended up getting snowed/iced in at my in-laws. So we stayed Tues night. Around noon on Wed we lost power....they have a generator so we stayed put. It was only out about 13 hours...Thursday we got another snow day and Adam and I decided to try and make it over to Mom's...Several roads were closed due to ice, downed trees, and or downed power lines. Mom's electric AND phone lines were out last we knew. When we finally made it here the electric was back on but no phones....and there wasn't even cell service! We are still without phone...Oh and cable! At least the internet is working and allowing us to keep in touch with the world! haha

Adam went in to work this morning. They have a new judge who decided to interpret the severe weather policies differently than everyone else. It's always been that if at 7 it's a level 2, you are off until 12...if at 11:30 it's still a level 2, then you're off the rest of the day. Well the new judge has decided a level 2 means that you have until 12:30 to get into the office!!! This wouldn't be so bad but he never went over his interpretation of the policy and was upset when a couple of people didn't show up to work yesterday!! (Including Adam~) So he went ahead and went on time this morning to try and make up some time....I have another hour and 45 minutes to wait and see if I'm off for the rest of the day. I know work will be crazy when we go back on Monday, but I'm really hoping to have the rest of the day off with my little man. I've gotten spoiled having him so much...and I think he has too! Mom and I ran to Walmart last night and to pick up a pizza...when we got home Brennen came running and hugged my legs going "Moooom! Mooom" Oh it was too sweet! LOL....he got chocolate milk with his pizza! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you got the rest of the day off. We ended up getting the day off today. I am so far behind at school, and I am out on Weds for a conference and Friday for a field trip.

    Dad said he was without electric for 23 hours! Not fun at all . . . .

    ReplyDelete