Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank goodness!!!!

Brennen is feeling MUCH better!!!!

Bridget, I just got your BRAT suggestion!!! I remember reading about that somewhere now that you mention it. I guess we sorta did our own version...>Brennen really wanted applesauce on Sunday and he had a few bites of Rice Baby Cereal w/ apple and banana baby food mixed in! And Brennen HATES toast...can't figure that one out!
Sunday Brennen woke up about 2 am sick and proceeded to just lie around miserable most of the day. He started refusing to drink Pedialyte ( I think it's too strong tasting for him!!!) and requested "his Juice" instead...so we did about a 10:1 ration w/ water and he was happy and able to keep it down. I went to shower and he requested APPLES.....Adam and my Mom chopped an apple and gave it to him w/ water...that promptly came right back up. He basically cuddled and watched TV all morning....fell asleep about an hour on the floor and woke up miserable. He was crying and just couldn't get comfortable....And I noticed he was running a little fever. We decided to give him a dose of Tylenol in hopes it would calm him down and let him rest...this was about 4.....by 4:30 the little guy perked up and was ready to play!?!?!?!?!?!? He ended up eating a cup and a 1/2 of apple sauce..and then later about 7 1/2 a bowl of chicken noodle soup w/ crackers. We gave him some more Tylenol about 8:30 and put him to bed for the night...HE SLEPT ALL NIGHT! Til 9:00 the next morning!!!! And he woke up smiling and happy....didn't ask for food and I didn't want to push it. I got myself some Multi-grain Cheerios and he ran right over for "bites". He pretty much devoured my cereal and was a happy, playful boy all day yesterday! He only ate about 1/2 of what he normally does during each meal but I figure his little tummy has shrank...I know we are really having to tighten his diapers more to keep them on. It's amazing how much they can lose in just a couple of days! He's home w/ Daddy today. Adam is on 4 day weeks and yesterday should have been his normal day off...but with the holiday it didn't count, so he's off again today! He has the best schedule!!!

On a sad note...Our contractor, Chris, had our garage wall fall on him last week (400lb wall!!!). He went to the chiropractor who told him to take it easy, keep it iced, and not lift over 5lbs because he had a slipped disc. (This is the same chiropractor I worked for before coming to JFS>...actually where I met Chris!) Well by Thursday he was feeling better so he was back out working like normal...he was prying something and his back went out again. He went back and saw the younger brother of who he saw last week....(Dr. B. who I adored when I worked there and who actually asked me to come with him to open his own practice....long story!) Well Dr. B ripped him a new one and told him he now has a bulging disc that is ready to rupture!!! and that his entire back is sprained...he is to not lift anything for 4-6 WEEKS!!!! Chris is going nuts! However he grabbed another guy and they were out there putting on our shingles yesterday! I baked them some homemade chocolate chip cookies and took them out...I felt so bad that they were out in that cold like that! Anyway our windows should be in tomorrow and we ordered doors yesterday..Oh that's another post about Lowe's!!!!!! They are going to start wiring on Thursday or Friday! So she's coming along! I can't wait!

ok that's all for now. I'll try a Lowe's post later! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment