Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So it's been over a month....

Ok I realized today that I haven't posted anything on here in a LONG time. I'm going to pass that off on moving into a new house. Speaking of moving into a new house...We have been there 18 days and counting. So far the only major catastrophe was a $400 ELECTRIC BILL!!!! That had me seeing spots. Evidently there was too little coolant in our heat pumps...(A lb low each...we have 2). However we've been keeping an eye on it and currently our metered usage isn't dropping as much as we feel it should considering the beautiful weather as of late...Ok I'll admit that yesterday was cold...but as a whole the month has been mild so far. Our contractor for the most part is being accomodating to our concerns. He's having a seperate company come out and look at it from the one that installed it. That makes me feel better. I have a nagging feeling that there is a leak somewhere. Oh and the furnace in our basement...(the other one is in our attic...)....we can't get the filter in it!!! :O( Adam was so mad last night. It's just the way it is with us...the simplest of tasks...slipping a filter into a furnace should be so easy.....yea it ended up w/ several different tools, a bent filter, and we're going to make the other guy look at it! On the positive side the one in the attic slipped right in.

I currently do not have a finished kitchen. No sink....no dishwasher.....and missing 3 cabinets, as well as various trims and moldings. My island counter is setting on the cabinets but isn't attached due to no sink base so I have 3 drawers I can't really get into. I'm so anxious to have the house put together and settled and I just don't see an end in sight. My light at the end of the tunnel is that Nicole is moving in this week and if there is one thing she's good at, it's getting things accomplished! I forsee nightly projects until her basement is completed! And that's a good thing for me.....don't know about for Adam! hehehe!

Brennen is adjusting well. He's asked to go to bed all but 1 or 2 nights that we've been there!!! Can you imagine a 2 year old ASKING to go to bed? He HAD been sleeping all night everynight...only waking up once or twice for his binkie. I don't know what happened last night. At like 1:00 I think he may have had a nightmare b/c he laid in his crib (at the foot of our bed still) whimpering for almost 45 minutes (we are not mean people...we kept getting up and rubbing his back and loving on him...)!!! I turned on his turtle again thinking it was too dark...that worked long enough for me to fall asleep and then the whimpering started again. Finally at like 3:30 we decided we NEEDED to get some sleep so we put him in bed with us and he curled right up on my chest...then Adam's....then back to mine. This kid HATES to sleep with us but it worked last night...

more later... have appt.

1 comment: